Flag Count

free counters

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Shravanabelagola - Way to The statue of Gomateshwara

Shravanabelagola - Way to The statue of Gomateshwara

Shravanabelagola (Kannada: ಶ್ರವಣಬೆಳಗೊಳ) is a city located in the Hassan district in the Indian state of Karnataka and is 158 km from Bangalore. The statue of Gomateshwara or Bahubali, at Shravanabelagola is one of the most important Jain pilgrim centers. It reached a peak in architectural and sculptural activity under the patronage of Gangas of Talakad.

Uploaded by Mithun Kundu on 24 Nov 10, 1.07PM IST.



Visit my blogs @ mithunkundu.blogspot.com
My WoRdPrEsS blogs @ mithunkundu.wordpress.com/
You can visit my Flickr posts @ http://www.blogger.com/ www.flickr.com/photos/mithunkundu/
You can me catch me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000525746657
Follow me on Twitter @ twitter.com/mithunkundu1983

No comments:

Post a Comment