Flag Count

free counters

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hoyesleswara Temple - Halibedu - North karnataka - India

Hoyesleswara Temple - Halibedu - North karnataka - India

Hoysaleswara temple is a temple dedicated to Hindu God Shiva. It was built in Halebidu (in modern Karnataka state) during the Hoysala Empire rule in the 12th century by King Vishnuvardhana. The construction was completed in 1121 CE. During the early 14th century, Halebidu was sacked and looted by Muslim invaders from northern India and the temple fell into a state of ruin and neglect. Previously known as Dorasamudra or Dwarasamudra, Halebidu is 16 km from Belur, 31 km from Hassan and 149 km from Mysore, in the state of Karnataka, India.

Visit my blogs @ mithunkundu.blogspot.com
My WoRdPrEsS blogs @ mithunkundu.wordpress.com/
You can visit my Flickr posts @ http://www.blogger.com/ www.flickr.com/photos/mithunkundu/
You can me catch me on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000525746657
Follow me on Twitter @ twitter.com/mithunkundu1983

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an amazing post about your travel experience.I loved reading your travelogue.Thank you for sharing the information. Parveen Travels

    ReplyDelete